Light, Dark and Space
We will explore the concept of light and the sources of light that can be found (i.e. the Sun and Stars).
We will learn about:
- The importance of sunlight for our planet
- The fact that light travels faster than sound and can bend and bounce
- That some objects are better at reflecting light than others
- The Moon and planets are seen because of reflected sunlight.
- The concepts of Opacity, translucency and transparency
- How the eye works, how it shows us different colours such as in a rainbow
- Why do we have daytime and night-time?
- How do we know so much about the stars?
- Why do the stars have different colours and brightness?
- The Milky Way and the scale of the universe
For pre-booking contact Science Zone on 01202 729206 or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. We do require a parent or guardian to stay with attending children for all of our sessions. One £6.00 (£5.00 + VAT) ticket entitles 1 CHILD and 1 ADULT to attend a Science Zone Workshop. Please note there is an additional charge of £2.00 for any extra non participating children and/or adults.